Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Unexpected visitor

I got an interesting visitor today, to say the least.  About five hours ago the doc let me know there was someone to see me.  That was when that guy walked in.  The guy who attacked me in the forest, and showed up at the fire.  Here's a general description: Dude is tall and broad-chested, usually wears that brown coat.  He didn't have his sword or guns, obviously.  He's got black hair tied into a ponytail, and a heavy Italian accent.  English is definitely his second language, though he speaks it fluently.

I asked him what the hell he wanted.  He sits down in the chair besides the bed and tells me he was impressed with my "spirit" or whatever.  Apparently his group, CRUSADER, hunts down anyone who's seen Slender Man, cause it means they've been infected or whatever, and he uses us to anchor him to this world.  So we're basically all Harry Potter Horcruxes for Slendy (the last book has been out for four years, I'll spoil it all I damn want) except mercifully less British and without the power to alter reality.  Also if we die we don't come back- haha, actually never mind.

Apparently having the stones to charge Slender Man impressed him, and he wanted to come give me a gentleman's warning before he hunted me down and turned me into chopped meat.

This guy scares me.  Maybe more than Rhodes.  He talked of killing me like it..pained him.  But he made it clear that he was going to.  And I can tell he could.  His stance is relaxed, but has weight behind it.  There is a hard look in his eyes.  The man looks middle aged, and experienced.  And when I angrily pointed out that HE had seen Slendy too, he said that he'd just have to kill himself too.  Without blinking.

He's insane.  Why is everyone insane?

Oh yeah, and I asked for his name.  He was quiet for a few seconds, before answering.

"My name is Matteo D'Avano.  My rank, and duty, within CRUSADER is Hunter.  You may refer to me as that, for that is my life to me.  I am the Hunter of the dark and the mad, he who drags them from the shadows to face the light of judgment.  So, Hunter will do."

Hunter stood, gave me a respectful nod, and left, promising that my death would be as painless as he could manage.

Yep.  Interesting guy.  Determined, skilled, actually quite kind.  Completely batshit insane.

At this point meeting someone who has it together would be more shocking.

13 comments:

  1. We are all seized by our own madness, young man. One may view your reckless tendencies as insanity.

    I do not pretend my cause is noble, or even just. But it is necessary to save us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What... the hell?

    ...


    Also Dysis just flipped a table in frustration. Just so you know.

    Be careful... This guy scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That... Konaa, kick his ass. The fucker deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I've CALMED DOWN A LITTLE:

    NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, tries to kill MY people in Philadelphia. If he shows back up at the hospital, there's going to be one HELL of a reckoning.

    I'm going to go bitch at them until they release you tomorrow. Then we're going to come up with a plan for your sorry ass. HOW DO YOU GET ALL THESE PEOPLE TO TRY AND KILL YOU!? I at least can explain it with a history of causing trouble and cosmic power. What's YOUR excuse???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hrm, they're probably more interested in a charming, handsome young man than a wise-ass, arrogant lunatic with a dumb hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. where the hell do these organizations come from?

    And why do they all have the same idea: Kill Everyone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like how Nightcrawler used to think. Idiot bastard.
    Maybe there is a website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...Really. Are you serious?!

    Somehow I feel insulted..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sanity is relative.

    You really do attract a lot of people trying to kill you though, don't you? At least this one is nice about it. I have to think that counts for something.

    Interesting theory, isn't it? Personally, I don't think it will work. The Slender Man doesn't need us for anything. We just happen to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If "interesting" is your word for "batshit willikers" I'd have to agree.

    ReplyDelete