Saturday, August 13, 2011

I never even stopped to consider it, since it was what I remembered.  But something didn't seem right about what happened.  The memory of it felt...Unbelievable.  I've been going over it in my head, and I realized one simple fact: There was no way I could've avoided its gaze.  But it came to a head when the Doctor brought back one of my knives, which had been found, with my blood on it.  And then I remembered.  Which hurt.  Like my mind was forcibly piecing itself back together.

I met its gaze.  That was what convinced me those wounds were from the roots.  Its roots never touched me.  As soon as I looked into those eyes I felt my body being ripped to pieces on its own.  There was a presence in my mind- I felt like someone else, no, someTHING else was in my head with me.  Then the pain started.  It was almost blinding.  There wasn't anything else but pain and fear.  It felt like something was cutting my mind in half, this burning, sharp sensation.  Before I knew it I had raised my hand and slashed open my own arm.  The Tree told me to do it.  I couldn't say no.  The mere idea of defying it was unthinkable.

Maybe it was the sudden, physical pain of the knife, but for whatever reason, I felt myself regain some control.  That was when I forced myself to my feet, tore away my gaze, and dragged myself towards it, molotov in hand.  I managed to throw it, and the Tree burnt.  But I don't think for a second that this is the end of it.  The damage is done.

Is it too late for me?  Even now, I still have this intense pain in my head...I barely feel coherent enough to type this out.  Am I going to be like Zero, a prisoner of his own mind?  I finally understand what drove him to do what he did...I can't even remember what those eyes looked like.  And I'm glad I can't.

Everyone should probably steer clear of me.  I don't trust myself.

6 comments:

  1. Relax, Kiddo. I expected this. Aren't you glad I told you to stay in the hospital?

    I want you to think about it and just THINK while you're healing up. That's all you can do right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all just slaves to different things, aren't we?
    but you've still got a chance, Konaa,
    you're a good person, you do good things
    Zero got lost because he forgot what he was fighting for.
    His sense of justice got twisted and changed. He was all alone.

    You have friends, Konaa.
    Friends that aren't going to let you get that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Konaa.
    Hang the fuck in there. Seriously. I don't... hang in there. Fucking hell. You're strong. You can do this. Hang in there for Hylo and Nessa, alright? They need you.
    We all fucking need you.

    Don't you fucking DARE leave us now. We've put a lot of fucking work into you. Please. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nessa and Nick came in to talk, and I feel a bit better now. Consider my ban on being near me lifted.

    Of course now I'm on fuckin' suicide watch since they think I gave myself ALL of these wounds. Goddammit I hate doctors. Getting out of here might be a bit tricky, but I'll manage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear you feel better, huh. If you want to talk you can talk to me. I'll always listen to you and I'll always be here to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a ghastly thing. I hope it felt every bit of that fire on its skin.

    Keep your head about you, darling. Don't lose sight of yourself. If you do you're just running blind. ;)

    ReplyDelete