Friday, July 22, 2011

Zerosword

Nothing can ever go simply, can it?  Walk in, grab the sword, walk out.  That was the plan.  But plans, as I quickly am learning, are tricky things that hate working in a straightforward manner.

Yesterday, Rhodes gave me an irresistible pitch: He knew the exact location of the famous Zero's lost sword, deep in the forest where he fought the Bleeding Tree for the last time.  How he knew, he again refused to say.  All he told me was "it's my job to know things."  It sounded suspicious...But he made a good case.  He had told me because I was also an admirer of Zero, who was fit to inherit that blade, a great symbol of hope for many of the stalked.  He claimed that he "wasn't very good at fighting," so it would be of more use in my hands.

He charged me twenty dollars for that info. (only just realized why- ha ha ha, very funny)  He explained a bit about himself, that he had been an information broker, but was now attempting to make a bit of money off our situation.  He stays under the radar because he's kind of afraid of being stalked himself.  Fair enough.  Apparently he gives good info to us for cheap, and while he does deal with proxies, he refuses to sell information on our whereabouts, and vice versa.  So in short, he's pretty neutral.

I hopped on the first plane to Indianapolis this morning, and ended up in a town about five miles away from the forest via train.  It was a bit of a walk, but the countryside was nice enough.  Soon enough, I saw the trees.  Forests.  I hate forests.  Take a wild guess why.  But there was something really strange about this one, I could tell.  Maybe it was something in the air, but just looking at it gave me a weird feeling in the pit of my gut.  Course, that could've just been cause of what this forest WAS.  The site of a twisted but heroic figure's last stand.  It took a bit of courage, but I walked in.

It was unnaturally dark.  And more than that, it was so...quiet.  Most forests have animals everywhere, making some kind of racket, birds chirping, bugs buzzing.  But I didn't see ANYTHING besides plants and trees.  It was eerie, and gave me one hell of a bad feeling.  I pushed forward, and soon I came to a clearing.  It was like a death scene- trees were knocked over, cut off at the stump, some were burnt to ash.  Like a tree graveyard.

That was when I saw it.  A pale figure, sitting on a stump.  He was hunched over and silent.  When I tried to approach, I blinked, and he was gone.  I don't know if I imagined it or not, but...Well.  Kind of weird being skeptical about ghosts when Slenderman is real, right?

Unfortunately, that was tame compared to what happened next.  That was when the singing started.  You heard me- singing.  I couldn't determine the words, or language, hell, I don't even know how many people it was.  But there was a strange chant, whispered over the wind, as I made my way further in.  It was coming from everywhere at once...and just hearing it made me cringe.  There was no doubt about it- this place was haunted.  Well...maybe "Tainted" would be a better term.

That was when I saw his body.  Yeah.  It wasn't a pretty sight after a month up there.  Still, I stayed and inclined my head in respect to him.  The tree he was attached to...well, in the Messenger's report the scouts said that the tree was big enough that it SHOULD have been visible from outside the woods, even though it wasn't.  So I was a bit apprehensive going in.  But it was now just...a big tree.  I guess the Bleeding one moved on.  I climbed it and cut him down, which was easy, the branches were burnt and snappy.  I didn't have anything to bury him with, but I set him up against the tree.  It just seemed more...respectful, then letting him hang.

A lot of feelings were running through me while I handled Zero's corpse.  Dunno if I can really put them into words.  I'll just move on.  About two minutes later, I reached the spot.  The sword was stuck firmly into the ground.  How symbolic.  It came out easily enough, and surprisingly it didn't look much worse for the wear after a month in the ground.  So, mission successful, right?

Eeeh...never that easy.  I heard soft footsteps behind me.  I turned, and guess who it was?  Ridley.  Damn but this guy is persistent.  I was pretty surprised to see him here, gotta say.  As for how he found me, more on that later.  We started the usual back and forth- he mentioned how he was going to pay me back for the hell I had put him through, which I assume he means that weird maze Slendy stuck him in, and I told him his pants were dumb.

He did say he'd just cut me and then let me go if I handed over the sword, which I thought was pretty nice of him.  But I decided to take my chances.  We started towards each other, when a piercing voice shot out.  "Freeze!"

Cops.  What the fuck.  There were about ten police officers armed with handguns, who came out of the foliage.  "The two of you are under arrest for illegal drug trafficking."  Really?  Drugs?  Somebody had given them a fake tip-off, and I guess the fact that we were about to stab the shit out of each other didn't really help matters.  Anyways, I was about to drop the sword, when...something even weirder happened.

Three men and two women came out of the brush behind us.  They were all dressed in brown longcoats, and had white half-masks over the top of their faces.  Three of them had pistols and knives drawn, another was sporting a long, straight sword, and a fifth, well, she was packing a rifle.  I didn't like the looks of these guys, and neither did the cops, who demanded they drop their weapons.

I dove to the ground on a hunch, I heard Ridley do the same.  That was when the shooting started.

I didn't really give a shit who they were, but they didn't like us much.  I saw one aiming at me out of the corner of my eye as I bolted into the woods.  Luckily I managed to get a tree in between us and the bullet never reached me.  I just ran.  Ran as far as I could.  I could hear one of the girls pursuing me, and gaining.  I was about to turn around and make my stand when this weird mist appeared in front of me.  It slowly began to seep into the surroundings.  I had stopped, having no clue what this was.  My pursuer appeared behind me, out of breath, and saw it.  She cursed violently and aimed her gun, but there was...an inhuman snarl.  Next thing I knew, I was sitting outside of the forest, on the side I had entered.  Which was NOT the direction I had ran in, just so you know.

The sword was on the ground besides me.  I grabbed it and ran.

I have absolutely no idea what happened in there, except that Rhodes must have sold me out to Ridley.  But...why did he tip off the police, too?  And who the hell where the coated guys?  They weren't cops, hell, they shot at the cops.  Did Rhodes tip THEM off too?

All I know is, you shouldn't trust that guy.  Something's really fucked up about him.

And last of all- the sword.  You might wonder why I made this trip in the first place.  It was simple enough- the sword's a symbol to us.  Not of hope, necessarily, not even of darkness, despite Zero's misdeeds.  To me, this sword is a symbol of humanity.  It's a firm, constant reminder that there is always room for redemption- and that ANYONE can stray from their path.  I'd like to keep it with me for that reason.

Alright, I'm beat.  I need dinner.

38 comments:

  1. First off, Konaa, you're a fucking moron. No but really. Some guy you've never fucking met claims to know the exact location of Zero's sword and you JUST FUCKING GO?? WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU IT WAS IN A FOREST AND YOU HAVE NO BACK UP YOU COULD HAVE BEEN FUCKING KILLED YOU FUCKING IDIOT. THIS IS NOT PLAYTIME WHAT IF YOU'D FOUND THE ACTUAL BLEEDING TREE YOU MORON WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE THEN??????

    I am going to fucking kill you myself the next time I see you for being so fucking stupid. You didn't even tell anyone where you were going. You just VANISHED. If you'd run into trouble you would have been shit out of fucking luck because no one would've had any idea where to look for you.

    That said, I also have questions. Since you were fucking stupid enough to do this, I may as well try to learn from it.

    That pale figure you saw. Do you think it was Zero?

    The weird vibe-did it feel like the Slendershit vibe? Or was it something else? Can you tell me more about it-or about the singing?

    Were ALL the branches on his tree burnt, or just the ones near him?

    Do you remember anything else about the mist?

    One last thing- DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE A FUCKING SWORD?

    ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're bitchy today, Elaine.

    First off: Rhodes is a VERY GOOD LIAR. He actually charged me for the info, which made me think it was accurate, and he admitted that he sometimes deals with proxies. His persona was pretty damn solid. You might have believed him too.

    Secondly, I left without telling anyone cause I didn't want any of you to get on my case about this. The less people that have anything to do with me, the better.

    The figure: Could have been. Now that I think about it, he looked...well, a bit more sad than angry. Who even knows. That forest is trippy as holy fuck.

    The singing: No. It felt different from Slendershit. That's all I can tell you.

    The entire tree was burnt. It could be a side effect of the Bleeding Tree manifesting through it.

    And no. The mist swarmed over us and then I heard something snarl. Oh- and I think I saw something hit the gun out of her hand. Call me crazy, but it almost looked like a tree root.

    Look, Elaine, I appreciate your concern. It means a lot.

    But what I do is none of your goddamn business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bitchy? Why would I be bitchy? MAYBE BECAUSE ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE JUST DECIDED TO GO RISK HIS LIFE BECAUSE GETTING CHARGED MONEY MAKES INFORMATION MORE TRUE IN HIS EYES? WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK, BOY?

    If you didn't want people to care, you shouldn't have started blogging, and you REALLY shouldn't have agreed to come to Cam's wedding because now we know you and really have a vested interest in your survival.

    Maybe you haven't noticed this yet, but I don't have a vested interest in too many people's survival, and I'm not about to just back off and ignore when one of the few people I do does something that should have gotten him killed.

    Wake up and get over whatever this suicidal nonsense is. We're ALL FUCKING TOGETHER IN THIS AND THE SOONER YOU REMEMBER THAT THE BETTER.

    As for Rhodes, no I wouldn't because I don't trust fucking anyone and perhaps that's a lesson you should learn if you want to run off and play loner badass.

    Wake up, sunshine. This isn't a game, or a comic, or a movie. This is REAL LIFE and pulling stupid stunts will get you FUCKING KILLED.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not my damn fault you inexplicably give a shit! Look at the damn title! This was supposed to be a friggin' last testament. I never asked you to read this!

    And fuck you because I wanted to show up at the wedding and wish Cam and Jake the best. That doesn't make us friends, idiot!

    Don't you fucking look down on me. You think I think this is a GAME? I SAW HIM. You know what I'm talking about. That fear. I've wanted to crawl under my covers, close my eyes, and cover my ears for about half a year now. I do these things because I WANT HIM GONE. I want us ALL to be free.

    Who the hell cares if I get killed. I'm nobody in this equation. Just a guy trying to do the right thing before his time is up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everybody is nobody herein; if this is a game of chess, "Master" is a player in the game, and we are the pieces. Pieces do not win; pieces play the game, over and over.

    Until their bones break down and their hearts give in, and then they are cast aside, and new pieces found.

    Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kid. Shut up and accept that people care about you. It's a thing what happens. If you don't fucking care about what I think, what about Hylo? Or Fiona? Or Cam? Fuck, boy. Stop and think for a moment how they'd feel if something happened to you!

    I'm not LOOKING DOWN ON YOU. What I do think is that you apparently have NO survival instinct at all, and that maybe if I yell loud enough you'll realize it and remember that being alive is a FUCKING GOOD PLAN.

    WE fucking care if you get killed, idiot. You're not a nobody, so maybe take a little effort to preserve your OWN FUCKING LIFE before someone takes it from you.

    You want to fight? Fine. BE FUCKING SMART ABOUT IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Konie-dawg, glad to see you made it out alright. What say you and me team-up sometime, take down this Rhodes fucker and then I can kill you? Sound good? Good.

    'Sup Lainey? And random dude I don't know? How is y'alls this fine day? I'm doing quite well personally.

    Stay frosty, ma bitchez.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm fine, thanks. I'd ask how you were, but you beat me to the punch in announcing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You call me "kid" and then claim to not be looking down on me? I've had just about enough of this, lady.

    I got no survival instinct. It's true. So don't even worry about it.

    Hylo's tough and she's got her own thing to deal with. More importantly, I can't let the fact that somebody would miss me, weird as that is, stop me from doing what I think is right.

    You have your way of dealing with this. I have mine. You're a smart lady, Elaine. Better get used to the fact that I'm a lot dumber, and always will be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, please. I don't think Elaine's looking down on you.

    I certainly am, however. You're hardly behaving in a rational manner; nay, you seem to be determined to alienate those around you. How very quaint. I can't say it's a quality I don't see in myself... maybe looking down on you isn't the right thing to be doing.

    That's not going to stop me, though, heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is very lovely, isn't it.

    Thank you, random person, at least somebody round here has manners. Personally Konaa, I think you should take up my offer. And give me that fucking sword.

    Stay frosty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still love you Konie-dawg. BFF's!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ... Idiot. I'll stop fucking calling you kid when you stop acting like you're having a fucking temper tantrum.

    If you know you're fucking stupid, you change it!

    Come back and talk to me when you're not all defensive and stupid. Maybe by then the urge to shake you till your head pops off will be similarly gone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You may have escaped this time, tainted one, but you cannot outrun the agents of purity forever.

    We are CRUSADER. Remember the name.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ... Okay, slightly calmer and wondering what you can tell me about the crazy fucks who attacked you guys. And wondering if it was one of them that did ^^^That

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Iscariot: You'll forgive me if I do not call you by your surname. It has significance to me I'd rather not dwell on. Regardless, politeness is the perpetual force that all should accept.

    @Crusader: Oh no, another organisation. How will I ever keep up with your idiotic antics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Calmer too. Meals do that for me.

    NO idea. They were silent, and they looked like they knew how to use those weapons. Maybe Ridley saw more.

    All I know is, they don't seem to like proxies OR stalked.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not yet baby, but soon, soon.

    Ridley's back with a vengeance and will destroy lots of things because it's fun. Oh yeah.

    Also Chromie, I is just Ridley, ignore what the username says, it's my friend's. He's weird.

    Stay frosty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Chromie"? That's a new one... it's good, though. Very well, Sir Ridley, I'll take your word on your friend's... curiosities.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My my, and here I thought you were friends. What a fierce debate. As correct as you are, Elaine, I'm afraid both of you have misinterpreted my motives.

    Yes, I told Mr Ridley where Konaa would be. Yes, I informed the police and CRUSADER's task force as well. But I didn't do it because I wanted him to die. I would have told many more proxies if that were the case.

    No no, I merely wished to see if he would be successful. I was interested, very interested, in what would happen. I must say, you performed quite beyond my expectations. You claim to have no survival instinct, but you are quite the survivor regardless.

    Oh- and I also did it because I thought it would be amusing. And I was correct. Especially the tooth and nail war of words you've been having here. I really am indebted to you two for so much entertainment.

    Next time, perhaps I shall attempt to make things more difficult for you, Konaa? Until we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rhodes, I REALLY don't like you. You come up to me looking to make a deal, I'll make sure you don't do it again. We clear?

    Stay away from Konaa.

    ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heheh. Eheheheh. Are you angry? Worried about your little friend?

    That's a fucking LAUGH RIOT! You guys are GREAT! AHAHA!

    He doesn't give a SHIT what you think! Who would? You're just a stupid bitch that sits on her ass and reads crap. Just relax and watch me go to work, okay? Maybe you'll learn something about basic human intellect!

    Aaaah, now I'm getting weird looks. I laughed too hard. You guys are great! See you around.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Character development in the comments? I like it. It adds a sense of realism to all of this; not that I believe, of course, but it is all very interesting.

    Might I add that you should take the genre-blind shades off? You'll be killed a lot sooner with them on.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rhodes?

    My dear comrade, how are you? I will fuck. your ass. up. Don't pull shit like that with Riddles, I'll break you.

    Yo author-y person, sup?

    Stay frosty.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh. It's you.

    Or rather, Iscariot's friend. Hello.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww, is widdle Widdles butthurt? SO sad! I mean, what with the fact that he completely ignored his Master's orders and ran after a guy he was forbidden to chase!

    Step aside, kid. This is my case now.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was not forbidden. That was the Princess' fault! She shouldn't have been there! Well, okay, I punished for being all stabby stabby in front of her, but never forbidden! At least not directly.

    In short, fuck you.

    Pierce, you cool dawg. Stay frosty.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wait, wait. Riddle, were you or your friend the ones who hacked into my account?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Rhodes, you can go fuck yourself on a rusted railway spike.

    Clearly you don't know the first thing about me. Kindly keep it that way. You hurt him, I hurt you. It's that fucking simple.

    ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  30. Negative, my good man. I know nothing of such matters.

    LOLOLOL

    Lainey, don't tell Rhodes to do that. I wanna do it to him. It'll be more fun.

    Stay frosty.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Holy shiiit. That is crazy.

    Atleast uh...

    You got a cool sword?

    Please don't die. If you do I'LL WAGGLE MY FINGER AT YOU SO HELP ME.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ridley, I never thought we'd agree on something. I'm a little disturbed.

    ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  33. WHOA HYLO WHOA, CALM THE FUCK DOWN! I THOUGHT ELAINE WAS MAD BUT YOU'RE LIKE WAAAAARGH

    Still breathing, aren't I? Don't worry so much.

    ReplyDelete
  34. See Elaine, I knew you'd come to love me eventually. I'll be sure to pay you a visit if I'm ever in Texas, k? We'll have s'mores and shit, hell yes!! One hell of a sexy good time!


    Stay frosty, all!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Alright, just checking.

    And yeah, Konaa. Don't die, otherwise I won't have anything to read.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dear god, can't leave you guys alone for a fucking second-
    Focus.
    You've presumably got the sword. Awesome. Congrats, you've gotten a hunk of metal. But you could have DIED, Konaa. And if you don't fucking realize this, well
    Fuck. It's the moment that we splinter apart that we get picked off by the big man himself. Please.

    Elaine... Yes, it was dumb. But there's only so much we can do. He chose, he went, and he's alive. That's what matters.
    Konaa, you could've easily asked one of us to go along, but you didn't. There was no reason for that.

    There's a reason only /I/ do deliveries alone.

    As for this whole situation... really makes you wonder who to trust, who you can trust. Won't deny it, I've worked with Proxies before, but that's business. But this guy sold you out.

    Now that's just wrong.

    Maybe I should pay him a little... /visit/?

    Now if you don't mind, I'm back to The East Wing, yeah?

    ReplyDelete