Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My impromptu Maine sojourn

There was one thing I left out of my post about Dad, cause I thought it was irrelevant.  The night before that, I had a dream.

In it, I was seated on a rock in a dark, foggy forest.  An old man was seated across from me.  I recognized him from my last dream, and asked him who he was.  This was what he said:

"A guide.  I do not move the pieces of reality, as He does.  I merely ensure that the pieces know what they should before they act."

He paused here.  I stayed silent for a moment as well.  Then I asked him what I was supposed to know.

"Your masked helper means both good and ill to you.  You have an ability, and the masked one seeks to exploit it, to forever escape His gaze.  To the end, the masked one will attempt to remove all distractions from your sight.  Including your fellow prey."

He paused again, and an image appeared in the background of the forest.  It was a girl, walking alone.  A masked figure was stalking her.  I had no idea how I knew it but...I knew it was Fiona.  I started bombarding the old man with questions, mostly dumb ones.  There had to be SOME way to help her, I figured.  Here's what he said:

"This is merely an image of what will happen soon.  You still have time.  Your father has a way.  Fight on, if you seek life."

And with that abrupt ending, I awoke.  Now, I hadn't really considered that dream for most of the day, but the talk with Dad jogged my memory about it.  Only a couple hours later, I went to him, and told him about it.  I said I needed to be in Maine as soon as possible.  He looked at me, sort of pained, and told me there was a way to do it.  A path he could open, that they had used while in His service.  He told me to keep my location firmly in mind, and not to stay in it for any longer than ten seconds.  Apparently, the pressure in this Path of Black Leaves can seriously fuck up anyone who isn't a proxy.

He pointed at the hallway, and told me to walk around it.  (Note: This is an abridged version.  It actually took some convincing for him to let me go.  He was worried about me, obviously, but in the end I managed to get him on board.)

I followed his instructions.  Upon turning the corner, I was no longer in my house.  It was a dark, harrowing street.  The sky was dark, and black leaves fell from trees along the path.  I started to run.  I focused on Fiona's face and tried to will this Path to take me to her.  I think I was in there for about 15, 20 seconds.  After that, I emerged on another dark street, but I could tell this one was our world. 

Someone was lunging for Fiona with a knife.  I managed to knock it out of his hands.  He was this older fellow, couldn't really say his age.  Accompanying him was a young woman, maybe a bit older than me, with a white mask.  Her hair was gray as an old woman's.  We exchanged some words, and I found out that she was Rise.  Don't ask me why, but I just thought she was a guy for some reason before then.

I won't bore you with the details, but neither of them are particularly tough fighters, and I had the drop on them.  I managed to drive them away, after telling them straight out that they were scum for attacking an innocent girl, just cause Slender Man's charmed her.  It wasn't that big a deal, anyway, they were total weaklings.  Speaking of Slendy...He was standing behind Fiona the entire time, just watching it happen.  I don't much like the idea of doing his work for him, but I guess it's better than letting Fi get stabbed.

That's the whole story, more or less.  Oh yeah- I collapsed a bit after that, and started to cough up blood.  It hurt, let me tell you.  I guess I was on the path for a bit too long...Anyways, you know the rest, Fi brought me back to her house and that's where I am right now.  She won't let me leave today cause the of the thunderstorms, says it's too dangerous.  Already called Dad to tell him I'm fine, and I guess I'll head home tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Mwhahaha!

    Mwhahahahahahahahaha!!!!

    I've got you this time, bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... You took the Path.
    YOU TOOK THE PATH?
    ...
    You're either a complete idiot or you're brilliant. Not sure which. If you wouldn't mind sharing some information on it, get in touch. My email's on my profile. And good luck with all this.

    Stay Safe
    ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, uh, Elaine. I'll give you an email telling you what it was like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ble d moore

    heyeddere it looks liek is a nmae like s o doen'tit //?

    bleed moore like lanmoore i kno imus explain self to u i sdumbass yu o is koniedawwwg

    stya ffrosty hear/

    ReplyDelete