Saturday, June 4, 2011

Some thoughts

I've reviewed a lot of the work of these "Sages," who, as far as I can understand it, are the ones who lead the fight against Asshole McTreefuck.  This was around last year, and once again, I appear to be late to the party.

Who knows what that small army of bloggers is up to now.  I think I'm on my own.

But really, how much stock could you put into Robert's Core Theory?  There's no way it was only our minds that made this thing.  We might have helped, the thing might feed off our fear and anger and such, but we could not have made him by ourselves.  We'd have destroyed the world long ago if this "tulpa" was for real.

It was good to give people hope.  Hope is several nice lovely nouns.  But take a look at what he intended.  The reason a story's a story is because it adheres to those guidelines.  But trying to give people roles isn't anywhere near a sure bet.    This isn't a story.  Not any other kind of story you can come up with.  Because it's real.  People try their hardest and do all they can and they die anyway, pointlessly.

Why am I being so depressing?  I admire the Sages, I really do.  I just think that if the survivors have any chance at all, we have to rely on ourselves.  What's been made clear is that this isn't an enemy you can fight with either your mind or your body.  He seems perfectly, completely invincible.

The riddle to solve is this.  How can you defeat an enemy that cannot be defeated?

And is there an answer besides "don't stop running?"

No comments:

Post a Comment