Monday, May 30, 2011

Well that was fun

I'm alive.  Hurt, but alive.

No, he didn't get me.

One of his friends did, though.

I was in Harvard Square in Boston today.  Warm fucking day, I can tell you that much.  I had been hanging out with a friend all day, and I was waiting for the train home.  I was on my way back, and I had just turned the corner into a street that led to the station- usually not that crowded, if you know Boston/Cambridge well (they're like the same goddamn city).  But it was totally empty today.  I figured "well, no one wants to go anywhere today, what with the heat".

God I'm a moron.  From now on, everything is suspicious.

I was heading down the stairs to the train tracks, when I looked up and on the railing way across, up on a path overlooking the station, was him.  I stopped short, but here's the funny thing, folks:  He wasn't looking at me.  He was looking down the street.

And he was moving.  Walking.  Slowly.

Was it possible that he hadn't noticed me?

Before I could figure out, someone shoved me from behind, hard.  I fell down the stairs- got a bad bruise, too.  After the stars settled, I looked up to see a guy in a gray hoodie coming down at me with a knife.  Great, I thought, supernatural and mundane alike seem to be conspiring to fuck me in the ass.

Since I'm not really into that, I got up and started running, fast.  Couldn't go far though, it was a dead end.  The guy started calling out to me, by my screen name.  That got me to stop and turn around.

"Konaa, you're as good as dead."

I was freaked out as fuck, but it hit me: He had to have something to do with this, or he wouldn't have known what I call myself online.

"You rise?" I said back.

He gave a really weird, low chuckle.  His voice was bizarre...I don't even know how to describe it.  It was like he was putting emotion into his words and taking it back mid syllable.  The tone went all over the place.

"You don't need to know who I am."

Rise said that at some point, so I think that pretty much confirms it.  I took a step back and decided to keep him talking.

"Really?  I disagree.  How about we talk our differences out?  There's a coffee shop right up there.  Good pastries."  This was bullshit, I think the closest thing was a Starbucks a few blocks over.

"Joke all you want, but I'm going to end you right here."


Call me a moron.  I laughed in the serial killer's face.  I'm sorry, but when you pull a line like THAT, you deserve to get a bit laughed at.  I think he was new to this, cause...He was TRYING to be scary, and his voice was pretty creepy, I'll give him that, but like, he kept shuffling back and forth and feinting with the knife.  It was kind of sad.  I knew the train would be coming in a few minutes, so I wanted to stall him a bit.

I leaned against the information kiosk (sadly, it was empty) and grinned.  "So what's working for the beanstalk like?  I bet he's great at the meetings.  He just kind of stares at you all and then bam, meeting done!  I mean he's certainly dressed for the office but other than that, he's just not that well prepared for this whole 'having minions' thing, is he?"

Rise looked confused.  I couldn't blame him.  He was probably expecting something more like "oh god please don't kill me."

I shrugged and kept going.  "What do you do all day, anyway?  File people for him to stalk?  Do you have To Kill and To Stalk piles?  Oooh, I bet he's harsh about misfiled paperwork.  And if you spill something on that suit?  Well fuck, you might as well take a pen and stab yourself in the throat with it.  Suit like his takes a lot of money to dry clean.  Or does he just drive the cleaners insane so he can do it himself?  I mean-"

After that was a shout of pain.  I think I went too far.  Rise lunged forward, and I dodged a bit too slowly.  He got me in the arm.  It's all bandaged up now, but riding home with that hurt, man.

Anyways, after that I kept dodging back.  Never got a good look at his face, he was wearing a gray mask on top of that hoodie.  I took a glance, Slenderman was long out of sight.  So all I had to do was deal with this jackass.

Allow me to say thank the lord for gangster wannabes.  A couple of them came down the stairs and saw the attempted shanking in process.  They started running and shouting, and Rise ditched.  He leapt onto the tracks and ran into the tunnel.  Something tells me he's still alive, though.  Maskguy from Marble Hornets had minor teleportation powers, right?  Nothing's impossible when the supernatural's involved.

So that was my first encounter with a proxy.  Fun fun.  What a charming young man.

Damn that knife hurt though.  Like a bitch.

Oh, yeah.  I know about proxies now.  I've been doing a LOT of research.  Seems like there's a whole army of us.  It'd be nice to talk to one of them, I guess.  Except that Zero guy, he seems kind of crazy.  Anyways, I've been doing my homework, and it looks like this Rise fellow is just an enforcer for El Darko De Douchebag.

Funny how he doesn't seem to know my real name, though.  Something tells me communication between the Big Man and some of his proxies is a little off.  If half the blogs I've read are real, then it seems to work differently from case to case.

Hey, if any other stalked people are reading this, what do you make of it?  Has Slenderman ever missed you even though you were right there?

3 comments:

  1. The Master does not miss.

    The Master waits. He will come for you when He decides it is necessary. Remember that my boy.

    ~Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blah blah, Slendy's a god and he's gonna EAT YOUUUUU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impudent, are you not, dear boy?

    We will see. Soon.

    ~Regards

    ReplyDelete