Friday, February 3, 2012

So you're a Fighter. So what?

We do a fair amount of both fleeing and fighting in this business. (though nobody's ever given ME a card, business my ass)  There are people who just try to outrun this nightmare, and there are the people like me, stupid enough to draw a line in the sand and dare them to cross it.  But even us Fighters have to know when to retreat.  It's all about the long game for me, the big goal.

I guess what I'm trying to get to here is some advice for people who might be a little lost.  cause I mean, we're all lost, to an extent.  The fact is, though, at this point I've survived a lot of stuff.  Part of that was due to luck, sure, but I'd like to think that I have at least a bit of insight into how to survive by now.

So...Let's assume you're like me and you don't want to just leave all this behind, cut some sort of deal that gets you off, Run and never look back.  You want to KNOW that you'll be free.  Maybe you don't want to ditch other people who are in the same bind.  I guess it doesn't really matter for now.  Whether it's cause of revenge, or some sense of justice, or just to be absolutely certain, you want to bring the Slender Man down.

First off, let me just say that the goal of being free may very well differ from killing Slender.  Yeah, I know, crazy talk, right?  Especially from a guy who lost his parents to the faceless freak.  But I'm not doing this cause of revenge.  That's pointless.  Meaningless.  They aren't gonna spring back to life in a snappy song and dance routine just cause I kill Slenderman. (maybe I should be happy about that one)  But in the end, what I want is for Slender Man to leave humanity be.  Maybe this will mean destroying him, maybe not.  Just remember that violence is never optimal.  On that topic..

Proxies.  Good god, what a can of worms.  Either our former fellows who've completely lost it or psychopaths sucking up to a monster cause they couldn't take it in the real world.  What do you do with these jerks?  They run around and kill people, and often they're just douches for the sake of it.

What I want you to do is consider this.  How different are you from them?  You're both being haunted by the same enemy.  They just couldn't take it.  You shouldn't hate the proxies, you should pity them.  And you should show mercy.  Don't retaliate with more violence, don't fight force with force.  If you show them mercy, you're reminding them that humanity is still a possibility for them.  Every proxy has the potential to break free.  Hell, I think at least half of them still have their minds but don't have a choice but to serve Slender!

All I'm saying is, we're in the same boat.  True, we've got Rhodes and Writer and the like for the REAL sick fucks, but who knows why they are the way they are?  You certainly don't.  If we're to be better than them, we can't lower ourselves to their level.  We have to show them that we're human, and that makes us stronger.

Also, do I really need to say this?  MURDER IS BAD.  And it's AGAINST THE LAW.  Like, being chased by Slenderman does not give you diplomatic immunity!  Think like a rational person and don't go around knifing fools just because they wear khakis and a mask.

34 comments:

  1. ... well said, kid. Thank you.

    But don't think for a second that I'll let people like Writer get away if I have the chance to wipe their fucking grins off their faces. Forever. Seems damn worth the blood on my hands to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, speaking of which, I read something about you torturing someone to find my killer.

      Yeah. Not okay with that. We're going to have a talk. And by a talk I mean I'm gonna smack you upside your fool head for sinking to such a low for someone like me.

      GENERAL MESSAGE: MY DEATH, SHOULD IT ACTUALLY OCCUR, WOULD PREFERABLY NOT BE THE CAUSE OF MORE VIOLENCE. KINDA MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A DOUCHE

      Delete
    2. Oh. Right. Probably not my best moment-

      Buuuuuut the smarmy bastard deserved it, even if it did amount to nothing. Sorry about that, David, by the way; didn't know about him being "one of yours".

      To take down someone like Rhodes? I'd probably do that and ten times more. That's the difference between me and you, kid. And that divide is always going to be there, whether you (and I) like it or not.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Happy...to be of...assistance?

      OHHH you're that girl. Um, Fox, right?

      Delete
    2. Naw man, I'm totally just a jolly, genderless banana wearing a finely made hat.



      In all seriousness you aren't so bad. Thanks for that.

      Delete
  3. Spence is right. That's a hell of a good sentiment.
    Though I have to also agree that there's some folks I'd be quite willing to kill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Show mercy? A great ideal. But let's face it.

    Would you show mercy to me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a difference
      between showing mercy
      and being stupid, David.

      Delete
    2. I would, David. I don't have the right to decide your fate. I'll trust in karma to make sure you get what you deserve.

      Delete
    3. I was not expecting that answer.

      Delete
  5. Well said Konaa, as someone whose mind was once broken for a time. I really do appreciate seeing more say this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't thank me. I just spoke my mind. It's what I do. That and sarcasm.

      Delete
  6. ... you and your fucking morality. Does it give you some kind of thrill to preach from up top of your soapbox?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better on top of a soapbox than on the streets, getting pissed on by bums. It must suck when no one gives a shit about you or your bland generic rage, Battle.

      Delete
    2. Must suck when despite all your fucking kindness, you still get a building dropped on you and nearly die. You know, someone more inclined towards, I don't know, LOGIC, miiiight re-consider their approach. Then again, maybe you want to follow your parents more than I thought. Hard for some asshole inclined towards "generic rage" to judge, right?

      Delete
    3. Here's some logic for you: Killing people is wrong. Do I really have to explain that to you? Do we need to put you back in kindergarten?

      Also, I SURVIVED. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. What've you managed? Needing me to break you out of that forest. Yeah, your methods work so well.

      Letting the parents comment slide because that's the kind of bro I am.

      Delete
    4. ... PEOPLE. DIE. THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE DO!!! And if you're just going to let yourself be killed because you think there's some grand karmic wheel of fortune out there, then, well... hehe, you remind me of me before all this fucking shit happened.

      Let's get you in on something.

      There is no great tally in the sky, there's nothing coming to those who do bad things. I watched how many people die in front of me? The grinning bastard is hardly bleeding out in some gutter somewhere. If I want them to pay somehow, I'm going to have to grip that with my own two hands.

      My problem with you is that you're fucking lazy. Too scared to take responsibility for death and just do it yourself. It's EASIER to believe that somehow, these assholes will be brought to justice, that none of us have to stand up to DO something.

      But the world isn't fucking fair. If you're going to live in a child's world, for god's sake, stop lecturing everyone else.

      Delete
    5. I'M not lazy because I don't kill. YOU'RE a COWARD because you DO! You GIVE UP and lower yourself to their level because you don't want to think that there's a better way! You don't want to put in the effort to reach that! Or are you just afraid? Afraid that YOU'LL get killed if you show mercy? Give me a fucking break.

      There IS no tally in the sky. I don't kill people because KILLING. IS. WRONG.

      Go to hell, Battle.

      Delete
    6. Fucking ironic if I see you there, eh, Reynolds?

      Delete
    7. Hey Rich. All due respect? Shut the fuck up bro.

      Delete
    8. Please can you people...
      Maybe be a little nicer?
      This was a relatively happy post
      and arguing makes it less so.

      Delete
    9. It was a relatively NAIVE post. Reynolds, man, you can't just give proxies the benefit of the doubt. Just because they act like good guys doesn't mean they aren't gonna gut you at the first chance they get. Remember who their master is? Remember what he can do?

      I'm not gonna touch the subject of killing. Sympathy is wasted on the devil, however.

      Delete
  7. Show them mercy? I've not yet met one who was capable of mercy themselves. I like you kid but you come talk to me about showing them mercy when one of them leaves the woman you love gutted violated and skinned in the bed used to share with you with a trail of fucking rose petals leading the way. He showed no mercy to her and when I tracked him down I showed no mercy to him. Not to any of them. Sure it's wrong to kill people, but we're not talking about people are we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is far more variety to Servants than you seem to think. There are many recorded cases of Servants getting out, just as there are many cases of Servants completely embracing their masters. Do not think that they are all the same.

      --SΣ

      Delete
    2. Whoa. Attention from the Archive. Neat.

      Delete
  8. Couldnt be more in accordance with you, and not only because that's my nickname. But sometimes, one shouldn't even exchange words with them at all, and just flee from there to prevent a terrible accident. There are limits for everything, even for mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. General observation: Disapproval of murder makes me a kid again. Noted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit I felt some maternal instincts there, cutie. Just joking.

      Delete
  10. i must say, this is an interesting opinion to have in this community. a strange and interesting opinion. murder is wrong? torture is wrong? up is down and black is white! oh well.

    i, whitelight, hereby dub thee...//Kung Fu Buddhu//.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, mercy is such a great thing. It makes it all the more hilarious when the person you're merciful toward pulls your pancreas out. I did that once, though I had to get out a few other organs before I found the pancreas. You should have seen the look on that guy's face; priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alright, man, think about this for a second. Slenderdude has his proxies, so clearly he needs them for some reason. In that case, since you admit he has complete control over at least some of them, why the hell not all of them? What purpose would it serve not to guarantee complete loyalty among all of his servants?

    How do you know that every blog and post and other testament of these apparent "humane proxies" isn't just a gigantic deception to take advantage of your sympathy? Let me tell you, man- if you're rooting more for the Slenderside than your fellow runners, then there's a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In short? I've seen what I'm talking about in person. Trust me on that. You might have a point on the proxies with blogs, but the ones I've seen in person are suffering just as bad as us.

      I will NEVER advocate the Slender side. Ever. He's my enemy, he's mankind's enemy. I just don't think we can abandon our principles, abandon mercy and compassion, and call that a victory.

      Delete