Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's been a big day for gender equality

In case my last post confused anyone...Slenderman showed up at Lia's place.  We tried to escape, but...Rhodes cut the wires to Dysis' car, and we were trapped in between them.  There was only one way they'd get out, and I took it.  I offered myself to the damn twig so he'd leave them in peace.  Fortunately he took that deal.  And I spent two days as his captive.

If you were wondering...yeah.  That last post?  He was Hallowing me.  Or trying.  I don't quite know how to describe it...but it was horrible.  Like there was an alien force in your body, trying to empty you, to make you a shell, remove YOURSELF from the equation.  I understand why Morningstar was so fucked up, I mean, how many times did they do this to him?

At any rate, I guess killing me wasn't enough.  He wanted me to be his servant.  The only problem was this Hallowing stuff didn't take with me.  Yeah, it hurt...but pain is no longer a good motivator for me.  And I kept my eye on the goal.  The sword.  I focused on it in my head, kept it clear in my mind, and that gave me a constant reminder of my purpose, and by that, who I am.  If that bastard can get frustrated I'm almost certain he was.  He tried more than once, I've sort of lost track.  Intense mental torture tends to impede my mathematical judgement, it's a quirk I have.

I wasn't really awake for most of these two days.  I slipped in and out.  And this one time when I slipped back in, I heard voices.  Shouting.  Confusion.  Out of the corner of my eye I spotted Lia entering the room.  Then I realized I should probably take stock of where I was at all.  I was sitting in a chair, with my arms tied around the back to it.  Some kind of warehouse?  I never got a good look, I was pretending to still be out.

They'd clearly underestimated me- weak-ass knot, that was.  I had it undone in a couple of minutes.  Suddenly Slendy stepped away from me and looked towards Lia.  And the big proxy he'd brought with him took a step towards me, knife raised.

I was too drowsy to dodge.  There wasn't really any other choice.  As he stabbed forward I reached out my hand and impaled the knife onto it, then yanked it out of his hand and punched him square in the jaw.  While he stumbled back I pulled it out, grabbed my chair, and hit him over the head with it, once, twice, three times.  I saw Lia coming towards me and we grabbed each other.  I gave Slenderman a grin and a nonchalant wave before Pathing out for a brief second.

We re-entered our world right outside the warehouse, and unfortunately I lost consciousness again there.

But hey, I'm back in action, and...kinda no worse for the wear?  A little?

Thanks for the save, Lia.  I owe you.

6 comments:

  1. Fuck, kid, I'm so glad you're alright. You have /got/ to stop scaring us all like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not MY fault everyone tries to kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @#!*% incredible man. Good to know there's a way to avoid getting Hallowed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh you were being hallowed and you didn't LIKE it? haha I guess we all have our own tastes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, no, I didn't enjoy an extremely painful attempt to forcibly destroy my personality. I guess I'm just weird like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bitch, it's totally your fault everyone tries to kill you. You just keep livin' though, I'd hate for some dumbass two-bit proxy to finish the job when there are sexier, more charismatic henchmen who would love to give you a worthy last stand.

    Also, Annie, you one crazy bitch, I swear. Hallowing is normally reserved for the unruly and those too foolish to stop resisting. You must be a bad girl. I should get Crenshaw Pete and his hot coathangers, that'll straighten you out, sure.

    Stay frosty, mah niggas.

    ReplyDelete