Friday, April 19, 2013

WHAT TH EFFUCK IS THAT THING!

It

Okay okay, ern-

 So Konaa's been steadily getting better.  He was up and about all of yesterday and I could hardly believe it.  He was almost good as new.  But...he said he couldn't leave just yet.  According him, the "proxy" gang he was being tailed by was probably still crowding the district.  Not only would trying to leave be dangerous, but he didn't want any chance of them finding out where I lived.  Nice guy.  Little heavy on the sarcasm, but everyone has their coping mechanism.  Anyways, he said that there was someone he could ask to come help and that together all of our chances of surviving would double.  Ah, I thought, a hitman.  Haha, jokes aside, I read your comments and I know the whole mafia thing wasn't true.  I didn't know how else to explain it then, but-

Well I guess I still don't.

We set up a routine of sorts.  He went out for scouting trips to check out the area.  Would come back to say it was still too hot.  I don't know how he kept finding them, but none of these "proxies" seemed to be able to hide from him.  For the most part, I stayed in from work, and everything was mostly normal.

But two hours ago...well it all changed for the worse.

There was some commotion outside.  It was already dark and the streets were pretty empty.  Emptier than they should've been at any rate.  Konaa was out and about, but I heard some strange tapping noises.  So, and maybe this was dumb, I went outside to take a look.  There was a guy standing on the opposite side of the road.  Tall guy, all gussied up in a suit, coat, and tie, bright red hair in a ponytail.  He just gave me one hell of a creepy-ass grin and bowed, before strolling down an alley and out of sight.

That's when I heard the footsteps.  They were coming, en masse.  At least ten of them - someone shoved me to the ground, hard.  I heard a knife coming out of a sheath.  Then I got slammed against the wall.  Ow.  It still hurts.

Some guy was holding me, and another one seemed to be calling the shots.  He asked me where Konaa was and I said I didn't know.  He nodded to the guy holding me, and the guy puts the knife right up to my eye.  I'm sad to say it, but I was ready to spill just about anything at this point.  I really didn't want to lose one of my eyes.  But all I could do was repeat that I didn't know.

"You should never have hid him from us.  Do it."

I tried to wrench his arm back, but he was just too strong.  These guys were serious.  Psychopaths.  He was really gonna stab me in the eye!  But...I can hardly believe it, but sometimes a hero does come to your rescue in the nick of time.

I heard some sort of shhhhing noise.  Before the guy holding me knows it, there's a grappling hook stabbing into his arm.  He drops the knife and yells.  And here came the cavalry.   Konaa, and he had a friend.  I was a bit surprised, cause she had the same kind of mask the other guys did.  But she was definitely not their friend, given the way she was going at them with those knives of hers.

The fight itself got kinda blurry for me, I was still in a lot of pain and it was pretty dark.  I just stumbled back, out of the way.  But between the two of them they accounted for all ten of the thugs with only a few cuts and bruises to tell for it.  Didn't kill em, I don't think, just knocked em out in some cases, Konaa had a taser he used on a couple, and a couple still standing ran away.  Wow.  They may be a pair of kids, but they're a lot tougher than they look.

He gave me a thumbs up.  But before he could speak, something happened, and I saw that thing

I didn't think anything of it.  Just another man stepping out of the alleyway.  But it wasn't a man.  It was tall, and thin as a rack, and it had no face.  It was just a horrible blank head.  And those weren't arms- THOSE WEREN'T ARMS.  It was a monster.  A real honest to gods MONSTER.  And suddenly I saw things, there were these black tendrils snaking out towards me, towards ME, I saw him, I heard something, I knew, he wanted ME.  But

But Konaa knocked me aside.  They ensnared him.  He fought like a lion, even though he was crying out in pain.  He'd dropped his taser and the knife he was using.  They hoisted him off his feet.  His friend started towards him, but he shouted out to stay back.  Then he yelled out to keep safe, no matter what.

And to look after me.

He took the sword off of his back, and hurled it through the air.  His friend caught it.  The last I saw of him, he was grinning a pained, crazy grin, and he gave me a thumbs up.  Then...he vanished into the darkness of the alleyway, and the thing went with him.  His friend ran down.  I couldn't even move.  I was just stunned.  Then she came back, shook her head.  Then she just said to be ready to leave in fifteen minutes and ran off down the street.

I packed my stuff.  I don't have too much.  Then I decided I should update the blog.

I don't know what's happening, what's going on, but oh my god.  He's gone.  Whatever that thing was, that was what he was really running from and now, now it wants me too.  What the fuck am I going to do...I'm sorry.  If I coulda done anything for him, I would've.

what am I gonna do.

9 comments:

  1. NO FUCK YOU YOU'RE LYING NOT HIM TOO NO NO NO NO FUCK YOUR SHIT

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Konaa is...? No.

    Yes.

    If there was a suitable wall I'd be punching it now. Dammit.

    Looks like you're Involved now. We really need some kind of crash course PDF for this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am going to be far less concerned than everyone else. Konaa is the type of person whose odds go up the more in trouble he's in.

    So I'm going to focus on the author of the post, who has had a really rough couple of days. I get that you're probably confused and terrified right now. We all were, first time we saw him. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. And I'd like to say that everything is going to be ok. But again that would be lying. So I'm just going to say that you've got someone there to help you, and you've got everyone on the internet too for support. Things aren't as weird/crazy/bleak as they seem right now.

    By the way, do you have a name? Or at the very least something to call you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....Well. That wasn't exactly the plan.

    But I think I can work with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Sigh*

    You stupid, brave...

    Ugh. This is the first casualty I've seen since I became a part of this.

    Stupid, faceless octopus.

    "After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well-Organized mind... wasn't Konaa. Not by a long shot the poor bastard.

      Delete
  6. That said, I'm not convinced he's dead.

    Habeas Corpus. I'm gonna go check for a body.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...you missed out a couple of days and this happens. Dammit, Konna. I am gonna be optimistic and agree with Fracture here. Although, I can't think of a single worse thing that Konna has come back from than this.

    ReplyDelete