Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I really need something to pop up and remind me that this blog exists

Whew, okay!  Sorry, another blank stretch.  It's been quiet all around though, hasn't it?  Almost enough to make you forget there's a war going on.  A war most people are completely unaware of.  A conflict that is out of sight.  An...



...sorry.

Well I'm a bad joke in, so you know things can't be TOO bad.  The worst of it is that I haven't found Rae.  Back to fucking square one with regards to that.  I swear, if those suits locked her up again...

That's a threat to be made another time.  For now, onto another mystery.

A couple weeks ago I received an email.  The address was...weird.  There WASN'T one.  It was just a blank email.  Subject line: "Pregame is ending"

And then the body was this:

"what measure is a man in the face of a million?  you must sacrifice to succeed

all that matters is winning

and if your enemy wins the future you fear will come about

decadence, despair, a broken man clad in red leading cloaked nobodies to bow before a faceless idol

a single tower of fragile hope in a sea of blood, fear, and slime"

Asshole.  I'd JUST eaten.

Believe me, even with the eerie lack of a return email I'd be condemning this one to the spam folder, but...Come on.  With what we know, it's honestly stupid to NOT think of most strange things as supernatural in some way.  So, I decided to humor Mr. Doom and Gloom and Apparently Chess and hit reply.

Error.  Fuck.

So I thought about what the email said.  Pregame.  As in...warmups.

...What I've gone through to get to this point was a warmup?  Wow, great confidence booster, there.  How many more times am I going to get horrifically maimed?  I can't count on spatial rifts to appear and devour my hospital bills every single time!

Okay.  So what measure IS a man in a million?  Well...enough.  I'm not saying I'm some sort of philosophical expert here (I don't even have my fake degree!) but every single person I've run into, for good or ill, has been just as much of a person as the other.  The only man I've ever met to escape that classification is Rhodes.  He's not a person, he's a monster.

But every runner and proxy aside from him all have very human reasons why they do what they do.  And every person I've met who's lucky enough to not be involved- well, people talk about mindless sheep, but they've all got families, friends, people who love them for who they are.

Life is unique, no matter where you find it.  This is why I've sworn to never take a life.  A vow I hope to uphold.

So, assuming the email's author meant for me to do what I'd do, and not take the pragmatic but DOUCHE approach, all that I have left to sacrifice is myself.  Eesh.  Not that I'm saying this random eerie email is prophetic or nothin, but it's still enough to make me uneasy.

All that matters is winning...Bullshit.

The next part...I have no friggin' clue.  The tower could literally be Hope, but that place is done.  This is talking about the future.  The only other thing I recognize amongst this is the guy in red.  You know who.  So, does he become some sort of cult leader in this...evil bad future?  I dunno.  Why is the Oracle delivering her prophecies in email format now?  Did Delphi decide to go modern or something?

I gave all of that a good thought for the next few days.  Then another one popped up tonight.  No subject, no address.  Just this.

"player or pawn

be grateful

not everyone has a choice

choose now."

Got a little forceful at the end there, with its first ever period.  Okay, bossy email prophet.  Here we go.

I pick player.

20 comments:

  1. Fragile tower of hope huh?

    My go to assumption for Runner hope is a Sage but I don't know that a powerless symbol is going to do it anymore. Sucks to be you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oracle? The one once called the Messenger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody is unfamiliar with classic Greek mythology.

      Delete
  3. You pick player, even when "all that matters is winning" for a player. "I've sworn to never take a life.". Well maybe you will find a darker problem in your future, boy.



    player or pawn..

    Interesting, makes you wonder who is the spectator.

    -Miguel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to be a pawn, believe me.

      But I don't trust anyone to move me but myself.

      And it's not a problem I've never encountered, believe you me. I know what I'm doing, here, despite what half my commentators think.

      Delete
    2. I believe you know what your doing. I just don't think it will save you.

      Delete
    3. Oh, so you do know? Well I would like to know a way to get rid of the Abomination without it killing 5 of my elements (average) per try. If you do know please enlight me, I'm open ears.

      Honestly, no one alive knows what they are doing.

      You have potencial, kid, is a shame that you try to act before getting your own blindfolds off. Jah! At least I know we are all blindfolded..

      -Miguel

      Delete
  4. The chess references, gracious. They show up so damn often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't these people heard of Go, honestly?

      Delete
    2. If someone made One's refrence, that would rock.

      Delete
  5. honestly, you guys never seem to remember that chess has varients. this game has an evolving number of such that I have to apply multiple varients to describe it, and even more if you want a way to win. first, the current varient is a mix of zombie, bandit, pocket mutation, and alicien chess, with som rattah , clockwork orange, and anarchist, along with some slight fox and hound references mixed in for the other side. there is a way to protect some pieces, adding a lunch money varient to this side. they are the songs paganini's concerto, ave maria (I dont know which one yet), and vesti la guibba, they can remove the king from the area, but not the other pieces. fortunatly the other pieces can be damaged by the cards they use (the items they leave behind to locate the people that are being followed), but that means you would have to keep them with you, which is obviously risky. anouther varient that may be added is capsule monster chess, if a person happens to figure out how to locate a guardian and ask them for help, they can get a trinket that will keep slendi away. finaly, we can add medic if someone contacts the doctor, who might be able to take someone back from that things control, but for now, why dont I explain the pieces as far as I can tell to try to get corrections
    slenderman - the Andernach grasshopper, basilisk, bug eyed monster , einstien grasshopper, since he has to be seen before he attacks, korrean cannon? (has he been seen when peoplearnt around), kraken (when moveing between boards) , nao , Pentere, ultra castler,
    proxies items and calling cards- dummy, technicaly, pancake but only seems to capture as king, same for waffle,
    followed (normal) - commoner, if in vehicle considered spear (shogi), squirrle (if hurdle is slow), zero
    followed (with song)- imobilizer (for slendi only),
    proxie (general, powered) - odysseus, Quang Trung Rook (when capturing), reflecting bishope, ren cavalier, ultra castler, pancake, waffle, zero, edgehog,
    proxie (general, normal) knight, spear (shogi), coordinator,
    helper (general) - kraken, king(cant move into check), imobilizer (generaly stops, but doesnt remove, any piece), zero, ultra castler, friend,
    habit - orphan, pancake, joker,
    hoody and masky - scorpion
    observer - long leaper(that requires multiple hits)
    the rake - equihopper, super pawn,
    as a brief overview, the nessessairy powers I think we can obtain (the rules of such only effecting there side), cheshire cat, flying chess (he may have the other world, but we have the sky), singulatiy, bandit, accelerated, immobilizer (but if done wrong, it "will" look like atomic chess, no pun intended), crazyhouse, cube chess, extinction, march hare, pocket knight, and spacewar, if you want more information on these varients please comment on my youtube
    these are my opinions, but there is one thing that holds true "WE ARE PLAYING PENULTIMA & KREIGSPIEL " take that for what you will and comment on my comment or youtube for questions and corrections. I have some ideas, but I would need people with resources to test them, and I dont give them out frivoullously

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keywords: Chess, pieces, proxies, etc
      premade message, bot

      Wow, someone beside us is messing with your blog's uploading location data, jajaja (jk, ..or maybe not..)

      Weird only Andrel writes proxys properly in the blogosphere..

      Delete
    2. I did notice you dont have the "human verification" capctha thingy :P

      May I ask why?

      Delete
    3. Well I was never corrected. Are you Fer by any chance? The old one would only trust his account to you or Uriel..

      Delete
    4. Wow, until now I read this. I was making a complete season report when I noticed your first comments. Yeah, I'm Fer, the boss lends me his account so that I could add blogs to his list while he isnt around.

      Delete
  6. Winter Solstice is coming.....beware player "Konaa"....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we should be more concerned about what is "not" coming, my brother.

      Delete
    2. i Wholly peRfer nOt to see what's Not cominG. It fuddles the mind and poisons the soul with doubt of our master.

      Knowing he will soon be at full power for a GLORIOUS 24 hours is enough to keep me with him...

      .....forever....

      Delete
  7. S#lst^ce just r%d ^$rring. Or not. T&at's for *ou to dec#@e.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd have picked the pawn. Too many people have died because of the choices I've made.

    ReplyDelete