Saturday, November 19, 2011

only eight days after the fact.

November's been a quiet month for this blog, huh?  Sorry...Posting's not typically on my mind these days.

Along with Elaine and Shaun, I entered the forest those poor students were in.  Yeah, you guessed it, it was one of those...loops, labyrinths, call em what you will.  A stretch of ground that's got some Slender influence.  They twist, they turn, they trap you and lots of unpleasant shit can happen inside one, so, uh, don't get caught in one.  This has been Konaa's Survival Tips.

Anyways, the thing about this loop was that it was clearly preplanned.  These kids were the "pet project" of a proxy by the name of Writer.  The bastard is like Spencer's old boyfriend from proxy reeduation camp or some shit like that, I don't know.  Anyways, he can create these Loops and he maintained this one, to...I guess see what would happen if he trapped a bunch of kids for a few months and slowly killed them all off.  Wow.  I wonder what valuable data he got from that?  "People die when you cut them off from the world and drive them crazy."  You're just BREAKING the boundaries of science here, Doctor Writer!

Incidentally, I wonder what he'd say to that if he read this blog?  Would it be...

A) "My purpose in that project is beyond a child's comprehension."

B) "Your interference has merely further my plans!"

Or C) "lol i have a crush on Spencer dont tell plz!!"

My money's on C!  Though I guess it's less a "crush" and more a "psychotic and disturbing obession." (Jade, take notes.)

Anyways!  We broke into the loop.  Which makes it more exciting when than it was.  What was it like inside?  Well...it actually felt a lot like the forest where zerosword was.  Creeping unease, the feeling of being watched...Old tricks.  I think Writer was trying to scare us.  He did stuff like make us wander into a clearing.. WITH LEAVES THAT WERE BLACK!  OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!  oh oh and he CHANGED THE LIGHTING SOMETIMES!  AND MADE SOME BUSHES RUSTLE!  oh, SAVE ME, Zeke Strahm, SAVE ME from the evil scary proxy man who is flicking the light switch on and off!

more to the point...We found their camp.  Scattered possessions, campfire...And five or six survivors.  Can't really remember the exact amount.  They were kinda pissed.  First off they thought we were with them.  Things didn't look up once they realized we came to rescue them and were pissed cause we only made it now.  There wasn't really time to argue for a while...Because a kid got cut down by an unseen force right before our eyes.

Grim sight.  But I've seen worse...sadly.  Elaine and Shaun grabbed a kid each, bolted.  I stayed.  One, Richard, was deflecting knife thrusts from...something I couldn't see.  He, another guy, and a girl named Suze were determined to go out in a blaze of glory.  Suze in particular...wanted to die.  Badly.  I tried to grab her, thinking she was just caught up in the moment after months of this, but...I saw the look in her eyes.  She was a girl who knew what she wanted.  Who really had nothing left.  ...And she asked me something.  Asked me to save Richard.  So...I did.  Grabbed Rich, and dragged him away.  He struggled, wanting to go back, but he was really too weak to hurt me after all he'd been through.

We made it out of the forest....out of the loop.  I dropped Richard for a bit and went back in.  Crazy as that sounds.

Too little, too late.  It was a regular forest when I went back in.  Writer took the loop down.  I didn't find a single body.

I...want to say I'm sorry, Suze.  But I gave you what you wanted.  I guess I'm just sorry that it had to come to that.  And that I didn't know you any better.  Rest assured, I fulfilled my end of the bargain.  Richard's in the safest place possible now.  Though, what he does from here on out is his choice.  He's not the "take orders" type, too much fire in him.  But...he's smart, too.  I think he'll be fine.  So...rest well, you lunatic girl.  I knew you for all of three minutes, but...you really left an impression on me.  I won't forget you.

So, where are we now?  Hope.  Yes, you read that right.  The compound known as "Hope", built according to designs laid out by Cam, Elaine's best friend, who is sadly no long with us as of...Actually, the very same night my house was burned down.  Well...sadly is kind of inadequate to describe it.  The world is a worse place without that man.  I'll leave it at that, I don't have the capacity to say it better.

Anyways, it's got steel walls, a huge center building, and room for like 20 people to live with plenty of space.  Cam was rich, and he gave it all to Elaine when he passed on...well, what was left after financing the construction of this fortress.  It's a Runner's sanctuary, and Elaine runs it as such.  The kids we saved are all here, and...I haven't really posted much, cause I've really been to happy to.

It's kind of surreal, having a "home" again...having someone cook for you.  A warm bed.  significantly less chance of disembowelment in your sleep (always a hit at parties).  I'm grateful to Elaine for letting me in here.  It's really a haven.

...That's about all there is to say.  I'll keep you guys posted.

3 comments:

  1. Far more than twenty people. Fourty before people have to start sharing rooms or using the cells on the second floor. And not including myself.

    Thank you for... what you said about Cam.
    I'm glad to have you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... she was.... yeah.
    Pretty incredible.
    I-

    Don't remember much about getting. Maybe don't want to remember. She... asked you to....

    ...

    heh.

    Thanks, by the way.

    ReplyDelete